The information we collect
During the operation of Urban Stock website (the website), we may gather certain information about our users. These information include:
- Personal information, such as your name, email address and delivery address, provided by you when you register to be a member of the website or at checkout;
- Personal information, such as credit card number, expiration date and CVV number or related information, provided by you at payment step during the checkout process.
- Aggregated data, which is generated by the website or third party systems we use such as Google Analytics as they track traffic and user behaviours on our website. This type of information does not identify you personally and is not linked to the personal information that you may have provided.
Providing personal information as listed above is optional. However, some functions of the website may not be available to you if necessary information is not provided.
What we do with your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity when needed. For example, your email address is required when you use forgot password function or send us a message using the contact form;
- To process any transactions that you might make on the website;
- To offer you the most relevant promotions that is suitable to you or we think that you might be interested in.
- To conduct any promotional or market research activities that may help us deliver better products and services to you.
Your personal information is stored securely on our database and we have agreement with our server hosting provider to prevent the data from any unauthorised use. We only share your personal information with a third party if you give us the permission to do so or it is required by law.
Credit card and billing information that is obtained from you will not be stored on our server. These information will be fully encrypted and passed onto a world trusted payment gateway provider such as Stripe for the purpose of processing payment for the order that you placed on the website only. Find out more about payment and security on our website here.
Cookies and Tracking
With a cookie file we may collect information such as your IP address, computer platform (e.g. Windows or Mac or a mobile device), web browser and what domain you are accessing our sites from etc and these information will be used for the purposes of traffic analysis, implementing new website design and features as well as making more relevant marketing campaigns.
Your Rights and Controlling Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act 1993 you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that we hold. If you already have an account with us, you can view and update your personal information by logging into the My Account area. Otherwise, you can contact us to request that your information being updated.
You also have a right to request that we delete the personal information we hold about you at any time, and we will take reasonable steps to delete your personal information from our current records. If you ask us to delete your personal information, we will let you know how the deletion affects your use of our website or products and services. There may be exceptions to this right for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. If you terminate or delete your account, we will delete your personal information within 30 days of the deletion of your account. Please be aware that search engines and similar third parties may still retain copies of your personal information that has been made public at least once, like public product reviews, even after you have deleted the information from our services or deactivated your account. To request deletion of your personal data, please contact us.